I’m so thrilled the election movie is finally over. We spent more than $8 for every man, woman and child in America to pick a president. I wonder if it will become a success at the box office. But we proved once more that America still is the land of Opportunity. Where else on earth, or anywhere in the Milky Way Galaxy for that matter, is this phenomenon even conceivable? And for that I am proud to be an American.
While many people here and around the world perceive this event as a shift in our consciousness, and I certainly agree with that wholeheartedly, I am not so sure what this president can really do to make any wholesale changes. In reality, the only person who can affect any positive change is you. Never mind what the new government can do for you. Just be mindful of what you can do for yourself and your loved ones. So, all I have to say about this hoopla is: So what? Now what?
Historically speaking, a change in presidency simply shifts the balance of power and money from one group of people and industry to another. To me it seems that very 4 or 8 years, the horseman changes but the horse is pretty much the same. There may be little tweaks here and there but ultimately the horse must follow along a certain long term path. Does my statement seem shocking to you? Just examine the record of our presidents in the last 50 years to see what percent of their promises actually came true and how many “dumb mistakes” they made at our expense? Were they ever held accountable? Did you see any heads roll? We have been rewarding incompetence and that’s exactly what we have been producing, more incompetent people in both our politics and economics. Bailouts are just another form of handouts to the few at the expense of many. Is this going to save the day? No way Jose!
So, no matter how excited you might be about our future, do not look at our politicians, or our so called leaders, to change anything for you and your family. Don’t think for a moment you can get any real help from your government now or in the future. Like it or not, that responsibility is placed squarely on your own shoulders. So, what are you to do in the midst of the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression? for starters, transform your thoughts: Recognize the inherent existence of opportunity in crisis. And then, here are some useful tools to help you achieve financial independence.
Suffice it to say, the consequences of your failure to act could be catastrophic. Why? Because when this deep recession is finally over, most people will end up in two categories: financially independent or the poorhouse.
Now let’s talk about solutions. Following are my recommendations:
- Avoid the temptation to talk about adversity or crisis. We all know how bad things are. Instead, focus on the good. Let’s think good thoughts. Let’s speak good words and let’s do good deeds.
- Seek opportunity in crisis. Life is dynamic, life offers endless possibilities, and life is a field of all potentialities. When one or more doors close, many more open. You can choose to see the closed doors and suffer or find the open ones and prosper. You need to know that the essence of life resides in its dualistic nature (male-female, good-bad, success-failure, happy-sad, rich-poor, etc.). So, all you need to do is to look at the other side of the coin. The other side of adversity is opportunity and with help and practice you can make it shine through. To find the doors that contain opportunity, you need new education and training. Seek networking groups such as ours to be a part of and take courses in self improvement and personal development. In short, work more on yourself than anything else. Stop feeding your mind, heart and soul the fear filled garbage offered by the media and you will be well on your way to total transformation.
- Commit yourself to action. Stop blaming yourself and others for your position in life. We’re all responsible for our own destiny at some level. The best way to predict your future is to create it. Are you ready to do it? If so, don’t look to your “leaders” to save the day. Take charge of your own life by making a decision to succeed and then act with courage and faith.
- Believe in your own greatness. The age of effectiveness is over. It’s now time to realize your greatness and allow the Universe to work in your favor. We’re all geniuses in our very special way. Find your genius, mission or the music in your heart and play it as loud as you can until it’s time for you to depart. For most people it’s not so easy to find their passion in life. That’s why we all need some help from outside mentors and coaches at first. But in the end, it’s you and only you that can put your finger on the pulse and make it play like a beautiful symphony.
- And finally, you can become financially independent in real estate. This downturn is offering you the best opportunity for financial freedom since the Great Depression. My plan is simple. Buy 10 houses in 2 years, rent them at the 1% Rule or better (simply your rent should be at least 1% of the purchase price), and keep them until you retire (10 years or sooner.) Call me for details on where and how you can achieve what I have outlined here.
I am confident that you will overcome this crisis with courage and endurance. I trust you will seek opportunity and get yourself from the realm of struggle into the domain of prosperity. And finally, I know everything is going to be all right as along you are commanding your own ship and not allowing anyone else to take control of your life.